Woven Grosgrain Pillow
Whether you are looking to accent your décor with cool neutrals or a pop of colors, this Woven Grosgrain Pillow Tutorial can be customized to match your style. Designed by Suzannah of Create/Enjoy.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Advanced
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Prepare the pillow base. If your fabric is all or mostly cotton, pre-wash it and press it before cutting. Once washed and pressed, cut two pieces to fit the pillow form. Fold the pieces in half and notch the centers on all sides.
- Step 2: Cut ribbons. Cut 10 or 20 pieces, then pin some and cut more as you go to keep them from getting too tangled.
- Step 3: Pin ribbons along one side. Leave at least 1/2" at the side for seam allowance and wiggle room. With each piece, on a flat surface, follow the ribbon piece to the opposite end and pin flat.
- Step 4: Baste ribbons down. Use the longest stitch your machine has since it just needs to take the place of the pins for now while you weave. Use about a 3/8" seam allowance.
- Step 5: Weave! With a consistent pattern, weave each piece through under-over-under-over-etc. all the way through. At the end of each weave, pin the ribbon flat in grain. Anchor the pinned edges of the bottom of the weave with a basting stitch and 3/8" seam allowance.
- Step 6: Assemble the pillow. Install the zipper and then sew the faces right sides together. Clip corners and press.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.19