Windowpane Wall Art
Create chic wall art for your bedroom, living room or office with this trendy windowpane designfeaturing velvet ribbon. Designed by Suzannah of Create/Enjoy.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Paint the canvases.
- Step 2: Mark even intervals. Mark all the way around on all four sides.
- Step 3: Draw guides. Once you've marked all four sides, connect the dots with a long ruler. Do this both directions.
- Step 4: Staple ribbons. Centering the ribbon on each mark/line, staple down one end of the ribbon.
- Step 5: With the rubber cement brush, brush over the line in front of your stapled ribbon.
- Step 6: Pull the ribbon tightly, down on top of the rubber cement line, and make sure it's centered on the opposite pencil mark at the end. Pull tight and staple. Repeat for other rows.
- Step 7: Repeat these steps for the crosswise ribbons, but you can skip over each perpendicular ribbon with the rubber cement. It would not work well on top of the velvet.
- Step 8: Hang proudly!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $1.85