Vintage Valentine Heart
Create these special vintage Valentine’s Day hearts to give to someone you love or hang as a decoration.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Begin by cutting the smallest center heart by folding a piece of paper in half and drawing a heart or just cutting the shape.
- Step 2: Continue to the next layer by stacking the first heart onto the second paper and cutting it just a quarter of an inch (estimate) larger than the first.
- Step 3: Continue cutting paper heart layers making each layer larger than the last.
- Step 4: Cut the last layer out of sturdy cardstock.
- Step 5: Cut a length of tissue paper or vintage sewing pattern into long strips.
- Step 6: Run rolling adhesive tape around a section of the outside of the sturdy cardstock heart and fold the tissue paper as shown to create a ruffled border.
- Step 7: Adhere the second largest heart over the ruffled paper border.
- Step 8: Continue adding hearts from largest to smallest until all of the layers are assembled. You may wish to use glue dots to hold sturdier elements together.
- Step 9: Attach a short length of Dippy Dots ribbon to the top for a hanger with a staple or glue dot.
- Step 10: Attach 4” pieces of "LOVE" ribbon in between a couple of the layers.
This category is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products...