Valentine Door Decoration
Create this Valentine Door Decoration to spread the love! Get creative with the materials you pair with ribbon. For a rustic look, we used small twigs and twine to make the X's.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To make the O forms, trace a circle 7 inches in diameter in the middle of a piece of cardboard. In the center of that, trace another circle 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Cut out the circle and the center. Repeat for the second O form.
- Step 2:To make the ribbon O’s, cut 2 pieces of red ribbon, 3 yards each. Thread the needle and tie a knot in the thread. Start at the end of one piece of ribbon and thread the needle in and out along one side. Pull the thread tight after every few stitches so that the ribbon gathers together. Continue this to the end and then stitch the ends together to form a circle. Repeat to make the second O.
- Step 3:Glue a ribbon O onto a cardboard O. Repeat to make the other O.
- Step 4:Cut 12 twigs to 7 inches long. Cut two pieces of twine to 20 inches long. To make an X, use three twigs for each side. Wrap a piece of twine around twigs and tie. Repeat to make the second X.
- Step 5:Cut a piece of white ribbon to 46 inches long. To create the top of the hanger, fold over one end of the ribbon 2 inches. Put a thin strip of glue at the end and glue it down, creating a loop. Thread a small piece of twine trough the loop and tie a knot. At the bottom of the hanger, take the end of the ribbon and fold over 1/4 inch. Glue down.
- Step 6:To assemble the decoration, lay the white ribbon flat and starting approximately 6 inches down from the top, glue one X to the ribbon. Directly under the X, glue the O to the ribbon. Repeat with the remaining X and O.
- TIP 1:Because the ribbon is fabric, it’s best to hang this decoration on an inside door.
Shop Ribbon for this Project