Valentine Card Garland
A festive party decoration or piece of home décor, this Valentine Card Garland features lots of red ribbon to compliment the red hearts featured on the cards.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Begin by punching two holes in the top of each card as shown.
- Step 2: Cut a 3 yard length of 1/4" Red Grosgrain. Thread the 1/4" red grosgrain through the cards by pushing the ribbon through the hole on the left front to the back and then up from the back.
- Step 3: Move onto the next card and repeat until all of the playing cards are strung.
- Step 4: Arrange the cards so they are evenly spaced with extra ribbon hanging down on each side for hanging.
- Step 5: Cut a 3 yard length of red lace. Lay the threaded cards on the red lace and gather the lace and tie it to the 1/4" grosgrain between a few cards.
- Step 6: Cut 4” pieces of the LOVE, Dippy Dots, Valentina, 5/8” Grosgrain, Single Face Satin, and Wire Encore ribbon.
- Step 7: Staple the small pieces of ribbon to various cards as shown.
- Step 8: Cut various lengths of the different ribbons to secure the playing cards to the red lace.
- Step 9: Add more ribbon to the space in between the cards until the garland is as full as desired.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.17
Price Per Yard: $0.23
Price Per Yard: $0.73