Tic Tac Toe Bag
This classic game can travel with you in style! You might already have the materials on-hand to create this fun project. It’s a great way to upcycle an old shirt, ribbon scraps, and loose buttons. You can hand sew this little bag or use a machine.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut two 8-1/2 inch square pieces of fabric. Cut four 5 inch pieces of grosgrain ribbon.
- Step 2:On the front of one piece of fabric, pin the ribbon in place to form a hashtag shape starting 1 inch from the bottom and leaving the extra room above to fold over later. The center square should measure 1-1/2 inches.
- Step 3:Sew the ribbon onto the fabric along the ribbon edges. Place the other piece of fabric (right sides together) over this and sew along the bottom and sides only.
- Step 4:Turn the bag right-side out and press seams.
- Step 5:Fold top down 1/4 inch and press. Fold down again 1/2 inch, press, then sew on bottom edge all the way around.
- Step 6:Carefully cut through one of the top seams on the outside to thread ribbon. Cut 20 inches of the satin ribbon. Attach a safety pin to one end of the ribbon and use it to thread the ribbon through the fold at the top of the bag. This forms the drawstring closure for the bag.
- Step 7:Cut the ribbon ends on an angle and thread them through the bead. Tie a knot at the ends of the ribbon to finish. Place the buttons inside the bag and use the bead to close the bag tight!
- TIP 1:Makes a great party favor!
- TIP 2:Due to the use of buttons, this is not meant for small children.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.30