Sweet Cherry Hair Bow
Here is a "sweet as pie" DIY hair accessory that you can create with ribbon and buttons! This sweet cherry hair bow is a cheerful way to dress up an outfit.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To begin, cut two 3 inch long pieces of the 5/8 inch wide ribbon for the leaves. Heat seal the ends.
- Step 2:Take one piece of ribbon and fold it in half. Hold it with the two open ends facing up and draw an angled line across the ribbon measuring 1/2 inch up from the bottom left side and 1-1/4 inch up from the bottom right side. Cut along the line and discard the top. Heat seal the ends.
- Step 3:Hot glue the angled ends together. Stick the tweezers into the larger opening and pull the ribbon back through the opening.
- Step 4:Repeat Steps 2 and 3 with the remaining piece of ribbon. To connect the leaves, glue the pointed ends of the leaves together. Cut a 1 inch piece of the 1/4 inch ribbon. Place hot glue on the 1 inch piece and wrap around the spot where the leaves are connected. End in the back and trim.
- Step 5:To make the stems for the cherries, cut a 4 inch piece of the 1/4 inch ribbon. Heat seal the ends. Use the needle and thread to sew one button on each end.
- Step 6:To attach the cherries to the leaves, cut one 1-1/2 inch long piece of the 1/4 inch ribbon. Place hot glue on one end and attach to the back of the leaves, pressing to secure. Place the cherry stems onto the top center of leaves making sure to adjust one side so it is slightly longer. Apply hot glue to the remaining ribbon and wrap all the way around, ending in the back and pressing to secure.
- Step 7:To wrap the clip, cut a piece of 3/8 inch ribbon long enough to wrap the clip. Apply glue to one end of the ribbon and glue to the underneath of the top side of clip (with clip open). Close the clip and apply glue to top while pulling the ribbon over the end and press it onto the top of the clip. Continue gluing the ribbon to the pinching end of the clip.
- Step 8:Glue the cherries to the top of the clip.
- TIP 1:Our fruit-themed hair bows make great gifts!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.17
Price Per Yard: $0.26
Price Per Yard: $0.30