Summer Pinwheel Hair Clip
This Pinwheel Hair Clip is a great summertime accessory! Combine colors of Offray grosgrain ribbon and fun shaped buttons from Blumenthal to personalize your version of this hair clip.
- Time Required:45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut 2-1/4 inch by 2-1/4 inch squares of the red and blue ribbon.
- Step 2:Put one square on top of the other.
- Step 3:Cut slits at each corner going in towards the center. Do not cut all the way in (cut should be about 3/4 inch).
- Step 4:Bring every other corner to the center, gluing them down as you go.
- Step 5:Glue the star button to the center of the pinwheel. If your button has a shank, remove it with the shank removers so you have a flat surface on the back of the button.
- Step 6:Cut one piece of white ribbon long enough to wrap the hair clip. Apply glue to one end of the ribbon and glue to the underneath of the top side of the clip, with the clip open. Close the clip and apply glue to the top while pulling the ribbon over the end and press it onto the top of the clip. Continue gluing the ribbon to the pinching end of the clip.
- Step 7:Glue the pinwheel on to the hair clip.
- TIP 1:Instead of a hair clip, try sewing the ribbon pinwheel to a ponytail holder.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $1.31
Price Per Yard: $0.75
Price Per Yard: $0.26