Spring Hair Clips
Make these Spring Hair Clips using tulle and cute shaped buttons. These make a great gift or add them to an Easter basket!
- Time Required:45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut three pieces of yellow tulle to 3 inches by 6 inches. Do the same with the white tulle. Heat seal the ends.
- Step 2:Stack the three pieces of yellow tulle on top of each other. Lay the stacked tulle flat. Starting in the center, gather the tulle together by pulling it towards the center from both ends. Wrap thread around the center and tie to secure. Repeat to make the white bow.
- Step 3:Glue or sew a button to the center of the bow.
- Step 4:Wrap the hair clips. Cut a piece of white grosgrain ribbon to wrap each hair clip. Apply glue to one end of the ribbon and glue to the underneath of the top side of clip with the clip open. Close the clip and apply glue to the top while pulling the ribbon over the end and press it onto the top of the clip. Continue gluing the ribbon to the pinching end of the clip.
- Step 5:Glue the bow onto the hair clip.
- TIP 1:Check out the variety of shaped buttons from our sister brand, Blumenthal, to get inspired for your next hair bow creation.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.71
Price Per Yard: $0.26