Satin Flower Hair Bow
Create this pretty DIY hair bow from satin ribbon and a button. Use this sweet hair bow to accessorize party and Easter dresses.
- Time Required:1.5 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To begin, cut 5 pieces of 7/8 inch ribbon to 2.5 inches long. Cut 1 piece of emerald ribbon to 6 inches long; the length may differ depending on the length of the alligator clip. Heat seal the ends.
- Step 2:Fold the satin ribbon pieces in half and mark the center edges with a pencil.
- Step 3:To make the point on the petal, bring the marked points together and glue.
- Step 4:Place a small amount of hot glue in the pocket of the petal and seal. Repeat this process on all petals.
- Step 5:Bring the bottom edges of the petal together and make sure the glued edge is on the back so the top of the petal will puff up a bit.
- Step 6:Thread the needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread. Sew the bottom edges of the petal together with a few stitches. Continue to sew the remaining petals onto the same thread.
- Step 7:Pull the petals to the end of the thread so they stop at the knot.
- Step 8:Thread the needle through the first petal and make a couple of stitches, pulling the ends of the petals together tightly. Tie off and trim the excess thread.
- Step 9:Glue the button to the center of the flower.
- Step 10:To wrap the clip, apply glue to one end of the grosgrain ribbon and glue to the underneath of the top side of clip (with clip open). Close the clip and apply glue to top while pulling the ribbon over the end and press it onto the top of the clip. Continue gluing the ribbon to the pinching end of the clip.
- Step 11:Glue the flower to the top of clip.
- TIP 1:Use red satin during the holidays to create a Chirstmas Poinsettia Hair Bow!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.26