Sand and Sea Ribbon Pillow
We used a simple folding and stitching technique with ribbon to add pretty texture to a premade pillow. Once you learn how to make it, you can add ribbon trim to almost anything!
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Follow along with the video on our Offray Ribbon YouTube Channel.
- Step 2:Cut a piece of ribbon for each color to a length three times the length of the pillow.
- Step 3:Create a guide shown in the video using the pen, paper and ruler. Place a piece of double sided tape along the bottom.
- Step 4:Using the guide, create folds in the ribbon and press onto the tape to hold in place. Sew a small stitch down the center to hold the folds in place. Continue making folds until the length is the same as the length of the pillow.
- Step 5:Next, fold the ends of each fold into the center to create a point and sew into place. Complete for the entire length.
- Step 6:To attach to the pillow, fold one end and glue it to the back to create a clean edge. Glue the end to the pillow and pin in place. Continue gluing the entire length of the ribbon to the pillow and pin at the other end. Also place a pin in the center to keep the ribbon from sliding. Repeat for all the ribbons.
- Step 7:Allow the glue to dry completely before removing the pins.
- TIP 1:Place the points in opposite directions when attaching to the pillow.
Shop Ribbon for this Project