Rustic Ruffle Christmas Garland
Use this ribbon ruffle technique to create a festive DIY garland for your Christmas tree! This handmade holiday decoration will also look great in a doorway, window, or by the stockings on your mantle.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Follow along with the video on our Offray Ribbon YouTube Channel.
- Step 2:Cut several pieces of 7/8 inch or 1-1/2 inch wide ribbon to 1 yard lengths. Cut a long length of thread.
- Step 3:Use a basting stitch down the center of a piece of ribbon. Pull the thread to create a ruffle.
- Step 4:Next add a wood bead, a small pom pom, and another wood bead. Repeat the pattern with the next piece of ribbon.
- Step 5:Cut 8 inch lengths of the narrow satin ribbon. Sew one piece to each end of the garland. You can use these pieces to secure your ruffle garland onto the tree branches.
- TIP 1:Select ribbons that coordinate with your Christmas tree.
Shop Ribbon for this Project