Ribbon Weave Vase
Turn a plain glass vase into a bright and beautiful holder for your floral arrangements. Weave ribbons into a colorful cover for any vase.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Follow along with the video on our Offray Ribbon YouTube Channel.
- Step 2:Measure the height and circumference of the vase for ribbon lengths. Add 4 inches to those measurements and cut various widths and colors of ribbon.
- Step 3:On the foam core board, lay out the horizontal and vertical pattern for your ribbon. Pin each ribbon in place across the top and down the left side. Begin to weave the horizontal pieces of ribbon, working from the top down. If you are using a print or patterned ribbon, keep the back side facing you.
- Step 4:Once the weaving is complete, remove the pins. Measure out a piece of the fusible web to the same area as the width by the circumference of the vase. Following the package instructions, iron on the fusible web to the middle of the woven ribbon. Once cool, cut the ends of the ribbon to 1 inch around the fused area.
- Step 5:Next, apply long pieces of double sided tape to the inside edge of the fused area. Fold each riboon end up and press onto the tape to create a clean edge.
- Step 6:Once complete, add tape to the ends and apply the woven ribbon onto the vase. Press the taped areas firmly to the vase.
- TIP 1:You can also try a monochrome look by using the same color in multiple types of ribbon.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.59
Price Per Yard: $1.04
Price Per Yard: $0.50