Ribbon Wall Hanging
DIY wall hangings are very popular across social media. From yarn to macrame, there’s an option for every skill level. We made this walling hanging from a variety of ribbons and added some braided yarn for additional texture.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Follow along with the video on our Offray Ribbon YouTube Channel.
- Step 2:Determine the length you want your wall hanging to be. Double that measurement and cut pieces of the various ribbons to that length. Cut multiple strands of yarn to that length (in multiples of three for braiding).
- Step 3:Determine the layout for your wall hanging and then start adding the ribbon to the branch. Work from one side to the other or start in the middle and work out towards the ends. Fold each ribbon in half and secure around the branch or dowel as shown in the video.
- Step 4:Add in bunches of yarn and then braid once attached to the branch. Tie-off the bottom of the braid with another piece of yarn and trim the ends.
- Step 5:Tie a length of ribbon onto both ends of the branch to use for hanging.
- TIP 1:Because the ribbon is only tied onto the branch, you can easily change-up the look with new ribbons!
Shop Ribbon for this Project