Ribbon Unicorn Tail
Do you love rainbows, glitter, and all things unicorn? Then make this colorful Ribbon Unicorn Tail! Add it to a costume or create it to wear for a party just for fun!
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To begin, cut two pieces of the 1-1/2 inch aqua ribbon: one 50 inches and one 8 inches long.
- Step 2:Hold the center of the long piece of ribbon. Wrap one end over to the center, leaving a 4 inch loop. Gather at the center. Repeat with the other end. You will have two loops. Continue this two more times on each side. You will have six loops total and two ends. Adjust the loops and wrap the center with wire to secure. Trim the ends.
- Step 3:Take the 8 inch piece of ribbon and tie a knot in the middle.
- Step 4:Glue the knot onto the top of the bow in the center. Wrap each end around the bow and glue in the back. Trim if needed.
- Step 5:For each color of 1/4 inch ribbon, cut six 18 inch pieces.
- Step 6:Cut a 7 inch piece of 1-1/2 inch aqua ribbon. Glue all the strands of 1/4 inch ribbon along the bottom half of the aqua ribbon in a row, from end to end. Fold the top of the aqua ribbon down and glue at the ends and center.
- Step 7:Fold this piece in half and glue at the end. Fold in half again and glue.
- Step 8:Glue this piece to the back of the bow and add the safety pin. Use the safety pin to attach the tail to a belt loop or waistband.
- TIP 1:Adjust the length of the 1/4 inch pieces if you are creating this for a child.
Shop Ribbon for this Project