Ribbon Trim Table Runner
This simple runner design will help brighten any kitchen or dining room table. It would also look great on a buffet! Designed by Suzannah of Create/Enjoy.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Cut or tear two pieces of fabric of even size. Suggested width: 14" wide.
- Step 2: Sew the long seams right sides together.
- Step 3: Press the seams to one side, from the inside and outside.
- Step 4: Press flat. Fold the tube you've created so the seams are centered on the side edges, and press and pin flat.
- Step 5: Topstitch about 1/4" (presser foot width) from the edge on both edges.
- Step 6: Cut two pieces of Offray ribbon 2-3" longer than the unhemmed runner and remove the wires. I found it helps to stand on the bottom of the ribbon as you scrunch and pull!
- Step 7: Position the Offray ribbon the desired distance from the edge and pin. Pin on the outer edge, with a few stabilizing pins on the inner edge to keep it on grain.
- Step 8: Topstitch the outer edge, using your hand and the stabilizing pins to keep it flat.
- Step 9: Turn ends under and press. Treat them as one piece and turn under 1/4" or so, then 3/4" or so and press and pin.
- Step 10: Hem by machine or by hand.
Shop Ribbon for this Project