Ribbon Tassel Garland
This ribbon tassel garland is the perfect way to decorate a room or add a fun touch of fringe to party decorations. These tassels are a great way to decorate with ribbon and can be customized to any color theme.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Each tassel is 6” long and uses 8 ribbon strands, each 12” long. We used 7 tassels for this project. Cut a piece of cardboard to 12” long. Wrap your first ribbon around the piece of cardboard seven times and cut the ribbon at each end. Repeat this step with each type of ribbon until you are left with uniform pieces of ribbon.
- Step 2:Take your first piece of ribbon and fold it in half to find its center. Keeping that center marked, find the center of another piece of coordinating ribbon and lay the center of it across the first piece of ribbon. Hot glue it in place to form a large ribbon “X”. Repeat this step with each variety of ribbon; for this project, you will have eight different strands for each tassel. You should be left with a large ribbon starburst.
- Step 3:Choose one of your ribbon styles to form the loop through which your garland will be threaded and cut a 2” piece. Once the hot glue has cooled, gather your ribbon starburst into a fun, little ribbon octopus by pinching the center of the starburst together. Hot glue each end of the small piece to the sides of the tassel’s center forming a loop at the top.
- Step 4:Select a ribbon to wrap around the head of the tassel and secure it. Cut a 2” piece of your ribbon and hot glue it around the top of the tassel, making sure to wrap and secure it tightly. You should be left with a perfect, whimsical tassel.
- Step 5:Repeat Steps 2 through 4 with your remaining ribbon to form the remaining tassels.
- Step 6:Take your Offray Antique White Double Face Satin Ribbon and cut the length that you need to string across your desired space. Begin threading your tassels onto your ribbon and spacing them out according to how long your garland ribbon is. Secure each tassel in place with a small dot of hot glue and step back to admire your adorable tassel garland!
- TIP 1:Customize to your theme with different colors and ribbon widths.
- TIP 2:Use tassels to decorate balloons or wrapped packages.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.55
Price Per Yard: $0.39
Price Per Yard: $0.37