Ribbon Stripe Skirt
Update an existing piece in your wardrobe by adding trendy grosgrain stripes. For this project, we used a denim skirt and pink and navy grosgrain ribbon.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut two 1 yard pieces of each ribbon color. Using one piece of each color, pin the navy ribbon in the center of the pink ribbon. Sew down both sides of the navy ribbon to attach it to the pink ribbon. Repeat with the other set of ribbons.
- Step 2:Position one set of the ribbons along the side seam of the skirt. Fold one end over 1/4" and pin to the top of the skirt, under the waistband. Pin the ribbon straight down to the bottom of skirt. When you get close to the bottom, trim off the excess ribbon. Leave enough to fold the end under and sew.
- Step 3:Sew both sides of the ribbon to the skirt.
- Step 4:Repeat on the other side of the skirt.
- TIP 1:Try adding grosgrain stripes down the sleeves of a demin jacket or along the side of a pant leg.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $1.04
Price Per Yard: $0.59