Ribbon Slide Sandals
Dress up a simple pair of slide sandals with a bold black and white ribbon knotted on top of the band. Use school colors and create a pair for your favorite college student before she heads off for fall semester!
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut 32 inches of each of the white and black ribbon for one sandal. Place the white ribbon in the middle of the black and pin down the center. Sew both edges of the white ribbon onto the black ribbon.
- Step 2:Fold the sewn piece in half with the right sides out and the ends even. Top stitch the edge all the way around, folding in the ends 1/2 inch when you approach them.
- Step 3:Place the center of the ribbon on the center of the band with the ends going over the sandal lengthwise. Glue the ribbon to the band near the top and bottom of the band. Allow to dry.
- Step 4:Tie one knot with the ribbon, pulling the ends out to the sides.
- Step 5:Repeat steps 1 through 4 for the other sandal.
- TIP 1:Working on sandals for a little girl? Just reduce the width and length of the ribbons!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $2.55
Price Per Yard: $1.10