Ribbon Macrame Plant Holder
Use wide ribbon to create a macrame plant holder so you can hang plants in a sunny corner of your room.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Follow along with the video on our Offray Ribbon YouTube Channel.
- Step 2:Cut three pieces of the 2-1/4 inch wide ribbon to 5 yards each. Cut a piece of the 1-1/2 inch wide ribbon to 12 inches long. Tie a knot in one end of the 12 inch piece and pin the knot to the top of the foam core board. Pin the other end at the bottom of the board.
- Step 3:Begin with one piece of the 2-1/4 inch ribbon. Fold in half and place the middle behind the knot and pin in place. The ends should be on either side of the ribbon on the board. You will be tying the knots loosly around the center ribbon.
- Step 4:Take the end on the left side and create a shape like the number 4 across the center riboon. Take the end on the right side and feed it behind where the center ribbon and right side ribbon meet. Continue feeding the end up through the center of the 4. Pull both ends to form a loose knot around the center ribbon. For the next knot, start with the right side to create a backwards 4 and repeat the steps. Continue alternating sides and try to keep the knots evenly spaced all the way down the center ribbon.
- Step 5:Once you reach the end of the center ribbon, remove the pin at the top knot and until the knot from the center ribbon. Carefully slide the knotted ribbon up the center ribbon. Keep the last few knots on the center ribbon and pin back to the board.
- Step 6:Continue alternating knots until you have about 7 or 8 inches of ribbon left. Remove from the center ribbon and set aside.
- Step 7:Repeat the previous steps for the other two pieces of 2-1/4 inch ribbon.
- Step 8:Gather the three knotted pieces together. Place the looped ends through the wood ring. Pull the wood ring to the center of the pieces. Tie the loose ends to the hoop ends. Make sure your knots are strong enough to hold a potted plant.
- Step 9:Cut an 8 inch piece of ribbon and tie around the knotted pieces, just below the ring, to keep them together. Trim the ends.
- Step 10:Finally, place your potted plant in the center, on top of the knot. Arrange the plant hanger around the pot and hang!
- TIP 1:Use a contrasting color for the center ribbon so you can see and adjust your knots as you go.
Shop Ribbon for this Project