Ribbon Lamp Shade
Create a designer-looking lamp shade with ribbon and a simple folding technique!
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Follow along with the video on our Offray Ribbon YouTube Channel.
- Step 2:Measure the circumference of your lamp shade and add 3 inches. Cut a piece of paper to this length by 4 inches high. Draw lines at a 1/2 inch and 3 inches from one edge. Apply double sided tape along both those lines.
- Step 3:Begin at one end. Attach and fold the ribbon in a zig zag pattern along the lines. Press firmly to the tape. Follow the video for this step. Make sure the ribbon is slightly beyond the edge of the paper so you have room to sew a stitch.
- Step 4:Once you reach the end of the paper, trim the ribbon. Use the needle and thread to stitch the ribbon folds along the edge of the paper. This will keep the folds in place when you remove the paper.
- Step 5:Remove the ribbon from the paper and tape. Glue the ribbon to the bottom portion of the lamp shade. Repeat the steps above and glue that folded ribbon to the top portion of the lamp shade.
- TIP 1:Adjust the sizing based on the size of the lamp shade.
- 1-1/2 Inch Wide Offray San Marino Ribbon, Oatmeal
- Lamp Shade, Small
- Heavyweight Paper from a Roll
- Needle and Coordinating Thread
- Double Sided Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
Shop Ribbon for this Project