Ribbon Frill Earrings
Make these stripe Ribbon Frill Earrings to add to your fall wardrobe!
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Measure and cut two pieces of ribbon to 12 inches long.
- Step 2:Heat seal one cut end of each ribbon to reduce fraying.
- Step 3:Thread three pearl beads onto the earring round and set aside.
- Step 4:Using a ruler as a guide, begin with the sealed edge of the ribbon and accordion fold the ribbon into three or four sections.
- Step 5:With a straight pin, pin one side of the folds together to hold in place.
- Step 6:Trim the excess ribbon and heat seal the end to reduce fraying.
- Step 7:Thread the earring round through the center of the accordion folded ribbon.
- Step 8:Add a drop of glue between the folds then pin folded ribbon on the opposite side using a straight pin and allow to dry.
- Step 9:Remove pins and glue ends of ribbon askew to the folds. Use a clip to hold the ribbon ends in place while drying.
- Step 10:Using a jump ring and pliers, attach the fishhook wire to the loop.
- TIP 1:These make a great personalized gift for your girlfriends!
- 1-1/2 Inch Wide Offray Monostripe Grasgrain Ribbon, Black
- 2 Round Earring Loops
- 2 Fishhook Earrings
- Jump Rings
- 6 Pearl Beads, 10mm
- Jewelry Tools: Bent Nose Pliers and Round Nose Pliers
- Straight Pins
- Fabric Glue
Shop Ribbon for this Project