Brighten up your home with flowers that will last all season! These DIY spring ribbon flowers are fun to make and will add a pop of color to yourfavorite spaces.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: First, cut your ribbon of choosing into 3” strips.
- Step 2: Next cut a piece of 5/8” Antique white grosgrain ribbon to 36”. This is your base to sew your pieces of ribbon onto.
- Step 3: With a machine, start the ribbon running with the stitch so the ribbon hangs into your lap. You will add each strip of ribbon cut and sew onto this white piece. Fold the ribbons in half and add under your machine foot.
- Step 4: Repeat with random ribbon colors and sizes to complete each flower.
- Step 5: Roll the ribbon with all your sewn pieces on it till it is completely rolled.
- Step 6: Then, stick a pin through the rolled up flower to help hold it in place.
- Step 7: Next, either with a stitch or glue, adhere the end of the flower to the roll. I finish the bottom off with a dot of liquid glue on the rolled up part and back with a piece of wide ribbon cut in an oval shape to hide all the rolled up ribbon.
- Step 8: If you’d like to add stems to your ribbon flowers, alter your process to include the following steps. First, cut straws in a few different lengths and wrap moss green grosgrain ribbon around.
- Step 9: To add the stem to your flower, start with the stem in the center and roll your flower around as stated above. Use a dab of glue as needed.
- Step 10: Use a straight pin to stick through the entire flower including the stem for added support.
- Step 11: Use scissors to make a hole and stick the straw into the backing and middle of the flower.
Shop Ribbon for this Project