Ribbon Flower Beach Bag
Turn a plain straw bag into a statement piece with this Ribbon Flower Beach Bag project. Have fun with colors, layers and trim to reflect your personal style.
- Time Required:45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Trace and cut a 6 inch circle of felt. Glue the pom pom trim around the edge and trim the ends.
- Step 2:Cut 17, 4 inch pieces of ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half. Gather a 1/4 inch tuck at the fold and stitch with the embroidery thread. Pull one end through and tie a knot. Trim the ends.
- Step 3:Place the ribbon petals around the center and space them evenly. Glue the petals to the back of the felt center to create a flower.
- Step 4:Glue or stitch the flower onto your bag.
- TIP 1:Try layering longer petals in a darker or lighter ribbon color behind the front petals.
Shop Ribbon for this Project