Ribbon Bat DIY Halloween Decoration
This fun and easy Halloween party decoration is the perfect way to dress up your party table or entry way! Create this easy Halloween craft with Offray satin ribbon, decorative craft branches, and a small glass vase, then put it on display for trick-or-treaters and party guests!
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Wrap a few of the branches with orange ribbon. Start at the top or middle of the branch and tape ribbon to the branch. Wrap the ribbon around a few times to hide the tape. Pulling the ribbon tightly, begin wrapping the ribbon in a downwards motion. Once you reach the bottom of the branch, wrap a few more times and cut and tape the end.
- Step 2:Repeat Step 1 using the baker's twine on a few branches. Instead of using tape, tie a small knot and wrap the twine to hide the end. Continue to wrap tightly around the length of the branch. Once you reach the bottom of the branch, tie-off and trim the end.
- Step 3:To create the bats, cut pieces of black satin ribbon 6 to 8 inches long. Tie a piece of ribbon in a double knot around a branch. Trim the bat wings at an angle with the longer tip on top.
- Step 4:Add bats to the branches using the different widths of black ribbon.
- Step 5:Use the striped Jive ribbon to wrap around the vase. This will hide the ends of the branches.
- TIP 1:Add small googly eyes to bats.
- TIP 2:Wrap branches with neon green or purple for a more colorful display.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Out of stock
Price Per Yard: $0.05