Ribbon and Button Boutonniere
Are you a crafty bride-to-be? There are so many cute ways to put a personal touch on your wedding day: paper flowers, customized banners and signs, and homemade favors. You can even create a Ribbon and Button Boutonniere! Our ribbon and buttons are available in such a wide variety of colors, you’ll be able to find the perfect match to your wedding colors.
- Time Required:45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Select nine buttons in a variety of sizes for each boutonniere.
- Step 2:Using the wire cutters, cut nine 10 inch and three 6 inch wire pieces.
- Step 3:Bend the first piece of 10 inch wire in half and feed it through the button holes of the first button. Move the button to the bent end of the wire. Twist the wire from top to bottom to hold the button in place. Repeat for the other eight buttons.
- Step 4:Cut the felt into 3 leaf shapes. Glue the leaf shapes to the 6 inch pieces of wire.
- Step 5:Gather 2 to 3 button wires and a leaf, adjust the placement and wrap together with the floral tape. Repeat with the remaining buttons and leaves. Mix colors and sizes in each bundle.
- Step 6:Take all the bundles and wrap together with the floral tape. Trim the wire ends to make them even. To finish, wrap the pewter ribbon around the stem to hide the floral tape. Begin by gluing the ribbon end at the top and wrapping around the stem, working your way to the bottom. Secure the bottom end with glue.
- Step 7:Tie a piece of the red ribbon at the top in a simple knot. Trim the ends at angles for a finishing touch.
- TIP 1:Get your bridesmaids involved and make the boutonnieres for all the groomsmen!
Shop Ribbon for this Project