Rainbows are a popular trend in fashion and they are so easy to create using ribbon. Make this fun, dimensional rainbow barrette for your favorite girl!
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To begin, trace and cut out a cloud from paper. Or print from the computer. Make the length 4 inches. Fold the felt in half and trace paper cloud onto the felt. Cut out both pieces.
- Step 2:Thread the embroidery needle with the black thread. Sew the mouth with a chain stitch and make two french knots for eyes on one piece of cut felt. Use the pastel pencil to make rosy cheeks.
- Step 3:Cut two 8 inch pieces of each color of ribbon. Use the other piece of felt (facing the same direction as face piece) and pin the ribbons to the bottom at 1/4 inch. Sew the ribbons onto the felt.
- Step 4:Place the face felt over the ribbon felt and pin. Sew around the edge, leaving 1 inch open. Stuff with a small amount of cotton and sew closed.
- Step 5:Sew or glue a barrette to the back of the cloud.
- TIP 1:Turn this into a cute package decoration for a little girl's birthday present!
Shop Ribbon for this Project