Pumpkin Pie Hair Clip
It’s the season for all things pumpkin – including this cute Pumpkin Pie Hair Clip!
- Time Required:45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To begin, cut a 1-1/2 inch piece of orange ribbon and fold it in half. Draw half a triangle and cut out to make the pie piece.
- Step 2:Cut a 1-1/2 inch piece of cream ribbon and mark 1/2 inch sections. There should be two marks and three sections.
- Step 3:Put some glue on the marks. Pinch together half way up the width of the ribbon to create the crust.
- Step 4:Glue the ribbon crust on top of the pie piece and trim the ends if needed. Heat seal the pie ends.
- Step 5:Cut a 6 inch piece of white ribbon. Thread the needle and sew large stitches on one side of the ribbon. Pull the thread tight, forming a whipped cream ruffle and knot the thread to secure. Glue to the center of the pie.
- Step 6:Next, cut a piece of brown ribbon long enough to wrap the alligator clip. Apply glue to one end of the ribbon and glue to the underneath of the top side of clip (with the clip open). Close the clip and apply glue to the top while pulling the ribbon over the end and press it onto the top of the clip. Continue gluing the ribbon to the pinching end of the clip.
- Step 7:Glue the pie to the clip.
- TIP 1:Try different color ribbons to create different pies, like lemon or chocolate!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.26
Price Per Yard: $0.54