Looking for an alternative to carving pumpkins this year? Decorate your pumpkins in festive fall ribbons for a fun and easy addition to your autumn decorations.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Starting at the top of the stem of your first pumpkin, glue one 24-inch strip of 1 ½” black Offray Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the pumpkin to the opposite side of the stem and glue.
- Step 2: Repeat Step 1 with a second 24-inch strip of 1 ½” black Offray Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon. Your pumpkin should now be divided into quarters.
- Step 3: Using 24-inch of 5/8” orangeOffray Olivia Ribbon, glue one end at the stem of the pumpkin, in the center of one quarter. Wrap the ribbon around the pumpkin to the opposite side of the stem and glue. This should fill in a second quarter.
- Step 4: Repeat Step 3 using a second 24-inch strip of 5/8” orange Offray Olivia ribbon. Each quarter should now be fill in.
- Step 5: Repeat this process to fill in the remaining space using two strips of 1/8” silver Offray Quasar Ribbon.
- Step 6: Create a bow as desired using the remaining Offray Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon and Offray Olivia Ribbon. Secure with a pipe cleaner and wrap around the pumpkin stem. Cut ends of excess pipe cleaner.
- Step 7: Repeat Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 for the second pumpkin using 8 ft. of black Offray Maggie Ribbon.
- Step 8: Place the pumpkin in the center of the black Offray Sparkle Tulle and gather at the top of the stem all the way around. Secure with a pipe cleaner.
- Step 9: Repeat Step 6 using the remaining black Offray Maggie Ribbon and the orange Offray Grosgrain Ribbon.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.49
Price Per Yard: $0.50
Price Per Yard: $1.04
Price Per Yard: $0.37