Pom Pom Cowboy Hat
Use ribbon and pom poms to add flair to a simple straw hat!
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To begin, measure around the hat and add 1 inch. Cut the ribbon to this length. Glue around the hat.
- Step 2:For each pom pom, cut an 8 inch piece and a 4 yard piece of yarn. Thread one 8 inch piece through the middle two prongs of the fork. Hold it at the bottom part of the fork. Wrap the 4 yard piece of yarn around the prongs of the fork approximately 50-60 times. Trim the end. Using the bottom thread, tie the yarn between the prongs tightly. Make a double knot.
- Step 3:Gently slide the yarn off of the fork and then cut the loops on either side. Trim the ends of yarn and shape to form an even circular shape pom pom. Repeat these steps for the other two pom poms.
- Step 4:Glue the pom poms to the hat on the side.
- TIP 1:This is a fun way to decorate a summer straw hat as well!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $1.21