Polka Dot Easter Egg Wreath
Use decorated Easter eggs, ribbon, burlap, and Wraphia to create a colorful wreath for your door. Get the whole family involved! Let the kids decorate the eggs while the adults assemble the banner and wreath.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To create Keepsake Eggs (with yolk removed), follow the instructions found here. Or use dyeable plastic eggs.
- Step 2:Use your favorite Dudley’s Easter Egg Kit to dye the eggs. Dudley’s Kits are available at Walmart.
- Step 3:Use the hole punch to punch out dots from the adhesive backed vinyl. Stick dots onto the eggs.
- Step 4:Dye eggs according to package instructions.
- Step 5:When the eggs are dry, remove the dots.
- Step 6:Cut pennant shapes from the burlap ribbon.
- Step 7:Cut out letters from the ribbon to put on the pennants. Glue the letters onto the pennants. Assemble the pennants into a banner using ribbon or trim.
- Step 8:Hang the banner on the wreath. Tie or glue it into place.
- Step 9:Wind the wraphia into a circle to make the nest. Add some wood shavings to the inside of the nest and glue it all in place with a glue gun. Glue the decorated eggs into the nest.
- Step 10:Put a ribbon at the top of the wreath to make it easy to hang.
- TIP 1:Get creative and change the materials to items you have on-hand.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.09