Pinwheel Hair Bow
Create the perfect Pinwheel Hair Bow and attach to alligator clips or pony tail holders. These cute bows are the perfect accessory for any little girl! With Offray's rainbow of ribbon colors, you can create a hair bow to match every outfit.
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To make the perfect pinwheel hair bow, start by taking your ribbon and cut a piece that measures 23” long.
- Step 2:Fold one end of your ribbon onto itself until it comes about 1/4 of the way down the long tail.
- Step 3:While clasping the fold in one hand to secure it, fold the long tail back up the other way until it is lined up with the short tail.
- Step 4:Bring the long tail back down the other way so that you have two complete folded sections approximately the same size lined up next to each other. Keep all folds secured in one hand.
- Step 5:For the final time, bring the long tail back up to complete the third folded section. You should be left with the two edges (or tails) pointing opposite directions.
- Step 6:Keep your folds secured while bringing the centers of the folded sections close together to form small creases in the center.
- Step 7:Clip a small piece (approximately 6”) of your craft wire and carefully wrap it around the center of the bow multiple times until the bow is firmly secured in place. Shape the bow’s folds and tails as you go.
- Step 8:Using the same grosgrain ribbon as before, cut a small piece (approximately 6”). Fold it in half lengthwise and tie it in a knot.
- Step 9:Hot glue the back of the knotted piece of ribbon to the front center of the bow. Wrap one of the knot’s tails around to the back and secure it with hot glue. Take your hair accessory (an alligator clip is shown here) and glue the bottom prongs to the back of the bow. Bring the remaining knot’s tail around to secure over the prongs. Secure the knot’s tail over the bottom prongs with hot glue, leaving your top prongs free to open and close.
- Step 10:Flip your bow back over, shape as desired and clip your bow’s tails in a dovetail fashion for the classic pinwheel hair bow look.
- TIP 1:Use a coordinating pattern or color for the middle knot.
- TIP 2:Increase the amount of ribbon used when using a wider ribbon; decrease for thinner ribbon.
- TIP 3:Use different sizes and widths of ribbon for a variety of looks.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $1.10
Price Per Yard: $1.10