Picture Frame Wreath
Upcycle an old picture frame to create a modern DIY wreath featuring beautiful Offray ribbon. This pretty design will easily fit in with your existing home décor. Designed by KC of The Real Thing with the Coake Family.
- Time Required:4 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Cut the Offray Sea Maid ribbon into strips about 6” long. Cover the four corners of the frame.
- Step 2: Use your hot glue gun and glue the strip to the frame on the back. As you pull the ribbon strip over the edge, add a small bit of glue to hold it tight to the edge of the frame. Make sure to hot glue the ribbon strip to the back of the frame after gluing it at the edge of the frame.
- Step 3: The front of the frame looks neat and tidy. Cover each of the 4 corners just like this one.
- Step 4: After covering the 4 corners, you need to fill in the sides. You will follow the same procedure. Glue one end of your ribbon strip to the back of the frame.
- Step 5: Pull the ribbon taut as you go over the edge of the frame. Use hot glue to help you pull the ribbon tight and to hold it in place over the curves and edges.
- Step 6: Glue the end of the ribbon strip in place.
- Step 7: Continue filling in the rest of the frame wreath until the unfinished surface of the wood is covered.
- Step 8: Using the loom and Offray ribbon of your choice, create the flowers for your picture frame wreath.
Shop Ribbon for this Project