Perfect Starburst Bow
This classic Starburst Bow is easy to create yourself and can be used to make countless unique projects!
- Time Required: 15 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Begin by cutting your Offray Grosgrain Ribbon into four 6” pieces, four 5” pieces, three 4” pieces and one 3” piece.
- Step 2: Start by taking one of your 6” pieces and wrap it around in a crossover loop, matching the front of one side to the back of the other. Secure it at the bottom with a small dot of hot glue.
- Step 3: Repeat Step 2 with all remaining pieces of ribbon. Note: with the smallest piece (3”), you will form a smaller regular loop instead of a crossover loop.
- Step 4: Take two of the largest (6”) loops and place one on top of the other at a 90 degree angle with the two cut ends overlapping. Secure with a small dot of hot glue.
- Step 5: Continue around with the remaining two largest loops until you create a square. Make sure all of properly held together with hot glue before continuing.
- Step 6: Repeat Steps 5 and 6 with the 5” and 4” pieces until you have three squares of loops with one small loop leftover.
- Step 7: To assemble the Starburst Bow, start with your 6” loop square and place your 5” loop square diagonally on top. It should nestle inside with the loops’ points sliding right in between each other. Secure with a large dot of hot glue.
- Step 8: Repeat this process with the 4” loop square and nestle the small, leftover loop in the center of the bow.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.68