How to Create the Perfect Ribbon Flowers
Ribbon Flowers are a beautiful and simple way to adorn packages, hair bows, clothing, jewelry and more! Very easy to create and modify to suit your perfect ribbon flower needs!
- Time Required: 30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level: Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Cut along one edge of your Offray Contessa Ribbon, White, making round edges about ½” to 1½” long. The shorter the rounds, the more wavy your petals will be. You can also experiment with different cuts with different colors of Offray Contessa Ribbon.
- Step 2: Lay your ½ yard of Offffray Contessa Ribbon, White out flat. With your fingers, find the wire on one end for one edge. Pull it out slightly and curl it over.
- Step 3: Go to the opposite end of the same edge and find the wire again. Gently pull the Offray Contessa, Yellow Ribbon. The fabric will gather as you go. Once you can’t push it anymore, tie a knot in the wire and cut off the excess so the fabric doesn’t retreat back over the wire.
- Step 4: Curl your Offray Contessa, Yellow Ribbon. Put a dab of glue on both end pieces to secure it. Let dry.
- Step 5: Put a dab of glue around the circle on the bottom of your perfect ribbon flower. Put a small scrap of fabric over the glue. Let dry.
- Step 6: Get your beads, gems, or other jewelry accessories ready. Play around with where you want it to be. Use the glue gun to secure the bead in the center. Let dry before moving onto the next step.
- Step 7: Take a pin back and carefully glue it to the back of your ribbon flower, trying not to get glue over the pinning mechanism. Let dry.
- TIP 1: For hair accessories, use hair clips or barrettes.
- TIP 2: Attach matching Offray Ribbon to packages or gifts!
- TIP 3: Experiment with different cuts to create differently shaped styles of DIY ribbon flowers: flat edge, angle cuts, dips, etc.
Shop Ribbon for this Project