Perfect Double Bow
These Perfect Double Bows are a “twist” on a traditional bow. You can layer different ribbon colors and patterns to change the look. Turn them into hair bows by adding them to barrettes.
- Time Required:1.5 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To make the bows, cut 4 pieces of ribbon to 8 inches long: 1 each of maize and pink and 2 of black. Heat seal the ends.
- Step 2:Select a piece of ribbon. Fold over one end on an angle and glue it to the center. Fold over the other end and glue. Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces of ribbon.
- Step 3:Place a black bow on top of the yellow bow and glue together in the center. Glue the pink bow on top of the other black bow.
- Step 4:Cut a 6 inch piece of maize ribbon and a 6 inch piece of black ribbon. Heat seal the ends. Tie each piece into a knot with the knot in the center.
- Step 5:Glue the knot onto the top center of the bow and wrap the ends around to the back and glue. Place the yellow knot on the black bow and the black knot on the pink bow.
- Step 6:Glue the bows onto barrettes.
- TIP 1:We show a Pink Grosgrain Confetti Polka Dot, which is available in stores. If you are buying ribbon online, try using solid Pink Grosgrain.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.30