Perfect Boutique Bow
With this Perfect Boutique Bow tutorial, it is easy to take your favor or bridal gifts to the next level with beautiful ribbon that coordinates with your wedding colors.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:To make this layered bow, you will be creating three separate bows and then layering them together for a custom look. Begin by measuring out and cutting your widest Double Face Satin Ribbon into two 10 inch pieces. Cut the Simply Sheer Asiana ribbon into two 10 inch pieces as well. Finish with cutting one 12 inch piece and one 2 inch piece of the narrow Double Face Satin Ribbon.
- Step 2:Take the two pieces of 10 inch Double Face Satin Ribbon and fold them each in half to create two loops. Secure the loop ends together with a small dot of hot glue under the overlap.
- Step 3:Select one of the loops and pinch its sides together widthwise to form the top half of your bow. While keeping that pinched, do the same to the other loop and sandwich them on top of each other. Wrap a small piece of craft wire around the middle to secure your bow. Adjust the bow to reach your desired shape.
- Step 4:Repeat Step 2 and Step 3 with the Simply Sheer Asiana Ribbon so you have two bows similar in size.
- Step 5:Using the narrow Double Face Satin Ribbon, tie a knot in the center of the 12 inch piece of ribbon and then tie a simple bow just like you would if you were tying your shoes. You should now have three separate bows.
- Step 6:To assemble your Perfect Boutique Bow, start with the largest Double Face Satin bow and place the Sheer bow on top, matching the centers as closely as possible. Wrap a piece of craft wire several times around the middle of both bows to secure them together. Add the narrow Double Face Satin bow and repeat the process with the wire.
- Step 7:To hide the wire in the center of your assembled bow, take the 2 inch piece of the narrow Double Face Satin Ribbon and wrap it around the center of the bow. Flip the bow over and secure the ends of the ribbon to the bow with a small dot of hot glue. Trim any excess ribbon.
- TIP 1:Use coordinating ribbon for pretty packages.
- TIP 2:Select from a wide variety of colors and widths to match any occasion.
- TIP 3:Use shorter lengths of ribbon to create smaller size bows.
Shop Ribbon for this Project