Patriotic Ribbon Wands
Let the celebrations begin! Show off your patriotic spirit with these ribbon wands.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:This project makes three ribbon wands.
- Step 2:Paint the flag dowels and stars with the red, white, and blue paint. Be sure to paint both sides of the XL stars.
- Step 3:Cut each ribbon to twice the length of the flag dowels in a variety of colors and styles. Fold the ribbons in half and staple near the top of the dowel with a staple gun. Leave enough room above the ribbons to glue the XL star to the dowel.
- Step 4:Hot glue the stars together and then glue the XL stars to the non-decorated end of the dowel.
- TIP 1:When stapling the ribbons to the dowel, use clamps to hold the dowel secure.
- 1-1/2 Inch Wide Offray Chrissy Sheer Ribbon, White
- 1/4 Inch Wide Offray Simply Sheer Asiana Ribbon, White
- 1/4 Inch Wide Offray Simply Sheer Asiana Ribbon, Royal
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Microcheck Ribbon, Red
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Double Face Satin Ribbon, Cobalt
- 7/8 Inch Wide Offray Grosgrain Ribbon, Red
- 3/8 Inch Wide Offray Swiss Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Red
- 3/8 Inch Wide Offray Tri Stripe Ribbon, Royal
- 7/8 Inch Wide Offray Double Stripe Grosgrain Ribbon, Red
- Red, White, Blue Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brushes
- 3 XL Wood Stars, 5-1/2 Inch
- 1 Large Wood Star, 2-1/2 Inch
- 2 Medium Wood Stars, 1-1/2 Inch
- 3 Small Wood Stars, 1 Inch
- 3 Flag Dowels, 24 Inch
- Hot Glue Gun
- Staple Gun
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.68