Love Birds Centerpiece
Complete your table this Valentine’s Day season with this sweet Love Birds Centerpiece.
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Paint cubes pink. Sponge edges with tan. Cut 4” off skewers and paint skewers pink.
- Step 2: Copy bird pattern and enlarge to half a sheet of computer paper using a printer or copy machine. Cut out paper pattern and pin to burlap. Cut four birds.
- Step 3: Cut two birds from quilt batting and trim ¼” from edge. Layer the batting and skewer between two bird shapes and glue together around edges with hot glue.
- Step 4: Cut four wings from pink Burcheck using large wood teardrop for pattern. Glue wings to bird shape.
- Step 5: Glue ribbon squares to sides of cube with tacky glue. Poke skewer into center of top. Adjust skewers so that one bird is slightly higher than the other.
- Step 6: Thread satin ribbon through lace. Cut in half and make two bows by wrapping lace around fingers. Pinch in the middle and glue to base of skewer.
- Step 7: Cut 4 pieces of 5” of baker’s twine and glue 2 pieces at the base of each skewer.
- Step 8: Cut fuchsia wired ribbon in half and make two ribbon roses and glue over bows.
- Step 9: Add fabric leaves.
- Step 9: Cut 20” of baker’s twine and tie around neck of each bird.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $1.54
Price Per Yard: $1.67