Loopy Flower Hair Bow
Get ready for Spring with this DIY hair accessory in a fun loopy flower shape. Choose from Offray’s rainbow of grosgrain ribbon colors to match your little girl’s wardrobe.
- Time Required:1.5 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut 8 pieces of each color of ribbon: Turquoise – 3 inches long, Hot Pink – 2.5 inches long and Maize – 2 inches long. Cut one 4.5 inch piece of turquoise for the clip – the length may vary based on the size of the clip. Heat seal the ends.
- Step 2:Thread the needle and make a knot at the end. Start with a 3 inch piece of ribbon and push the needle through one end but don’t pull the needle all the way through. Next, push the needle through one end of a 2.5 inch piece of ribbon and then a 2 inch piece.
- Step 3:Take the 2 inch piece of ribbon, loop it around and thread the other end onto the needle. Repeat with the remaining two pieces. Slide the 3 loops of ribbon off of the needle and down the thread.
- Step 4:Repeat this process and finish looping all the ribbons onto the thread.
- Step 5:Pull the thread and push all the loops together to form a flower. Tie off the end of the thread to secure.
- Step 6:Hot glue the button to the center of the flower.
- Step 7:To wrap the clip, apply glue to one end of the ribbon and glue to the underneath of the top side of clip (with clip open). Close the clip and apply glue to the top while pulling the ribbon over the end and press it onto the top of the clip. Continue gluing the ribbon to the pinching end of the clip.
- Step 8:Glue the flower to the top of the clip.
- TIP 1:You can also make this cute flower hair clip using a single color of ribbon.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.26