Layered Patriotic Bow
Make this layered patriotic hair bow to celebrate the 4th of July!
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut two pieces of each ribbon to the following lengths: Polka Dot Royal - 10 inches, White - 8 inches, Swiss Dot Red - 6 inches, Red and White Stripe - 6 inches, Tri Stripe - 5 inches. Heat seal all the ends.
- Step 2:Using the Polka Dot, Swiss Dot and White ribbon pieces, fold each piece in half and crease to mark the center. Fold each end over to the center and glue.
- Step 3:For each pair of loops, position one piece on top of the other to make an X and secure with glue. You will have a small, medium, and large bow.
- Step 4:Stack the bows on top of each other, from large to small, and wrap with wire to secure.
- Step 5:To make the bow tails, make a vertical X with the Red and White Stripe ribbon. Make a diagonal X with the Tri Stripe ribbon and place on top of the vertical X. Wrap with wire to secure.
- Step 6:Put the bows on top of the bow tails and wrap with wire to secure.
- Step 7:Glue the bow onto the barrette. Wrap a piece of wire around the bow and through the barrette to secure tightly.
- Step 8:Cut a piece of the Tri Stripe ribbon to 3 inches long. Glue an end to the inside of the barrette. Wrap the ribbon around the bow and back to the bottom and glue to secure.
- Step 9:Glue the star applique in the center of the bow.
- TIP 1:Use this technique to create hair bows for any ocassion.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.68