Inset Lace Dress
This great little white dress with eyelet lace ribbon inset will be your new favorite! Pair with a classic jean jacket and consider yourself summer ready! Designed by Suzannah of Create/Enjoy.
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Advanced
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Cut bodice front from pattern, being sure to mark center front at top and bottom edges of bodice piece. (Cut lining and outer fabric pieces).
- Step 2: On outer bodice piece, avoiding bust darts by at least 1/2", choose symmetrical points for lace insertion rows. In this project, this was about 5/8" from either side of the center front, and based on the width of the Offray Alice Ribbon and bodice piece there was room for another evenly spaced lace piece on each side.
- Step 3: Measure distance of Offray Alice Ribbon strip plus seam allowance; cut strips of excess bodice pieces. (i.e., this ribbon was bout 2" wide and there were about 1/2" seam allowances, so cut out about 1" of fabric for each strip.)
- Step 4: Cut ribbon strips slightly longer than distance from longest top to bottom edge for each inset row.
- Step 5: Sew right sides together, lining up bottom edges of bodice piece and ribbon pieces.
- Step 6: Press seams open.
- Step 7: Using lining bodice piece as a pattern, even out neck edge and re-cut neck shape on lace strips, which will be rectangular.
- Step 8: Assemble dress as usual, sewing front to back, skirt, etc. for both lining and outer pieces (as applicable).
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.75