Holiday Ribbon Rose Bag
Dress up your holiday outfit with this DIY ribbon rose tote! This project is perfect for avid crafters that are looking for a fun holiday project. It also makes a great gift!
- Time Required:3 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Advanced
- Step 1:Cut a 12” length of the Red or Honeysuckle ribbon. Fold under ½” on one end of the ribbon. Hand sew one stitch to secure the fold.
- Step 2:Fold a second time and secure with another stitch.
- Step 3:Fold a third time and secure with a stitch, as shown.
- Step 4:On the fourth fold, fold the ribbon the opposite direction, as shown.
- Step 5:Continue to wrap the ribbon around the ribbon flower.
- Step 6:Stitch a basting stitch along the flower base.
- Step 7:Gather the stitching and secure the flower base. Set aside.
- Step 8:Cut a 12” length of the Forest satin ribbon and a 12” length of the cotton cord. Fold under 1” of the cord end. Fold under ½” of the ribbon end. Position the cord over the ribbon.
- Step 9:Overlap and glue the long edge of the ribbon leaving 1” open at the upper finished edge.
- Step 10:Glue the flower to the stem, as shown.
- Step 11:Create another flower using Steps 1-10
- Step 12:Attach the flowers to the front of the tote using hot glue.
- TIP 1:Makes a great gift!
- TIP 2:Use your favorite colors to create a piece that can be used any time of the year.
Shop Ribbon for this Project