Hanging Glass Jar Lantern
If you can tie knots, you can create this cute hanging glass jar lantern. It makes a great gift! Add a votive or turn it into a hanging vase by adding flowers!
- Time Required:1 Hour
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut 8 pieces of ribbon, 1 yard each.
- Step 2:Hold all the cut ribbon pieces together and make a knot 3 inches from one end.
- Step 3:Center the knot on the bottom of the glass jar. Tape to hold in place.
- Step 4:Divide the ribbon pieces into 4 sections, 2 pieces to a section. Take 2 ribbons and make an overhand knot. Repeat with the other 3 sections. Next, tie one ribbon from each adjacent knot together. This creates the second row of overhand knots. Create more rows of knots until you reach the mouth of the jar.
- Step 5:Gather the ribbons above the jar and tie the ends together in a knot, a few inches from the end.
- Step 6:Add a flameless votive or flowers and hang.
- TIP 1:Try using multiple colors of ribbon: pink and orange or multiple shades of pink!
- TIP 2:If you use a larger size jar, increase the length of the ribbon.
This category is currently empty. Please check back soon for new products...