Halloween Ribbon Bats
Create this fun and easy Halloween decoration with just a few supplies. Dress up your entry way or party table with these spook little bats made from satin ribbon.
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Wrap a few of the branches with orange ribbon. Start at the top or middle of the branch and tape ribbon to the branch. Wrap the ribbon around a few times to hide the tape. Pulling the ribbon tightly, begin wrapping the ribbon in a downwards motion. Once you reach the bottom of the branch, wrap a few more times and cut and tape the end.
- Step 2:Repeat Step 1 using the baker's twine on a few branches. Instead of using tape, tie a small knot and wrap the twine to hide the end. Continue to wrap tightly around the length of the branch. Once you reach the bottom of the branch, tie-off and trim the end.
- Step 3:To create the bats, cut pieces of black satin ribbon 6 to 8 inches long. Tie a piece of ribbon in a double knot around a branch. Trim the bat wings at an angle with the longer tip on top.
- Step 4:Add bats to the branches using the different widths of black ribbon.
- Step 5:Use the striped Jive ribbon to wrap around the vase. This will hide the ends of the branches.
- TIP 1:Add small googly eyes to bats.
- TIP 2:Wrap branches with neon green or purple for a more colorful display.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.04