Flower and Ribbon Hair Clip
These easy DIY hair accessories for girls are fun because the options for customization are endless!
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Begin by taking a small piece of your 3/8 inch Grosgrain Ribbon in Apple and wrapping it around one of your alligator clips starting from the bottom and looping all the way around the top clasp as shown in the picture. Trim off that small piece of ribbon using your scissors.
- Step 2:Starting at the bottom of your alligator clip, place small dabs of hot glue and secure your piece of Apple ribbon from the bottom-middle of the clip all the way up and around the top half. You should be left with a perfectly covered alligator clip. The small metal portion is left uncovered on the bottom to allow perfect placement and grip in the hair.
- Step 3:With your alligator clip wrapped in ribbon, it’s time to finish up this simple DIY hair clip project by gluing your flowers on top. After laying your Hot Pink Velvet Flowers on top of the alligator clip to ensure the proper placement, secure them to the clip with medium-sized dots of hot glue. Allow the glue to dry and your easy hair bow is complete!
- TIP 1:Mix and match ribbon colors and accessories.
- TIP 2:Use ribbon flowers to accessorize headbands too!
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.26
Price Per Yard: $0.50