Fall Wood Letters and Ribbon
If you can tie a knot, you can create this project! Try using letters hung with colorful ribbon as an alternative to wreaths and banners for door and mantel decorations. This DIY fall project is a quick and easy way to celebrate a new season!
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Use pre-decorated wood letters or decorate your own. Wrap twine around a top portion of each letter, tie and trim. Cut a longer piece of twine and loop around the letter once, tie in the back and leave the tails long.
- Step 2:Cut your ribbons to the length you want for each letter. Tie a loose knot near the bottom. We staggered the knots to hang the letters at different heights.
- Step 3:Take the ends of the twine tied to the letter and feed them up through the knot in the ribbon. Adjust the placement of the letter and tie the ends of the twine behind the knot. Trim the excess twine.
- Step 4:Repeat for each letter and then you are ready to hang!
- TIP 1:Paint letters different colors or wrap in patterned washi tape.
- TIP 2:Decorate ribbon with different accessories.
- TIP 3:Use ribbon leftover from last Christmas for a Christmas version.
Shop Ribbon for this Project