Easter Egg Card
Make this sweet handmade Easter Egg Card with ribbon scraps. Use this technique to create cards for all occasions.
- Time Required:45 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Print ProjectShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1:Cut 8 inch lengths of each ribbon. Lay out the ribbon in the order you want to create stripes for your egg.
- Step 2:Cut a 14 inch length of the pink satin ribbon. Pleat the ribbon using the thread and needle.
- Step 3:Print out and cut an egg shape as a template. Trace the egg onto the decorative paper and cut the center out.
- Step 4:Apply double-sided tape on the back side around the egg shape then adhere the decorative paper to the ribbon. Trim the ribbon edges.
- Step 5:Fold the white card stock in half to create a 5.5 inch by 8.5 inch card. Arrange the decorative paper over the front of the card and adhere with foam adhesive.
- Step 6:Attach buttons and flowers using foam adhesive.
- Step 7:Write a message on scrap of white card stock, trim and adhere to card using foam adhesive.
- TIP 1:Try using more variety in widths of ribbon.
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Grosgrain Ribbon, White
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Grosgrain Ribbon, Navajo Turquoise
- 3/8 Inch Wide Offray Dippy Dots Ribbon, Pink and White
- 3/8 Inch Wide Offray Single Face Satin Ribbon, Navajo Turquoise
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Single Face Satin Ribbon, Orange Cream
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Single Face Satin Ribbon, Coral Rose
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Single Face Satin Ribbon, Light Pink
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Single Face Satin Ribbon, Baby Maize
- 5/8 Inch Wide Offray Garland Floral Pattern Ribbon, Rose
- Offray Velvet Ribbon Flower with Pearl, Yellow
- Blumenthal 1/2 Inch Bunny Buttons, 002501136
- Blumenthal Flower Trio Boutique Applique, 001300224
- 5 x 8 Inch Decorative Paper
- 8.5 x 11 Inch White Card Stock
- Needle and Pink Thread
- Double-sided Tape
- Foam Adhesive
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.88
Price Per Yard: $0.59
Out of stock
Price Per Yard: $0.30