DIY Tea Lights
Make these DIY Tea Lights to included on your Thanksgiving table this fall. Designed by KC of The Real Thing with the Coake Family.
- Time Required:30 Minutes
- Difficulty Level:Beginner
Step-by-Step InstructionsPrint InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: To make the small flower, cut three lengths of ribbon 3.75” long* for each tea light holder you will be making.
- Step 2: Place a dab of white glue in the center of your ribbon. Make a figure eight with your ribbon by folding the edge to the middle placing the edge at an angle in the center.
- Step 3: Fold the other edge of the ribbon to the center at an angle to complete your figure 8 with the ribbon.
- Step 4: Make three for each tea light holder. Allow the glue to set but not dry completely. When the glue is set, stack these figure eight ribbons on top of each other staggered to create the flower. If the glue is still somewhat wet, you will be able to press the ribbon together and it will hold. If not, add a small dab of glue between each layer to hold the flower together.
- Step 5: Cut a length of burlap ribbon 7.75” long*. Arrange your burlap ribbon around the tea light holder. Hot glue it in place. Use small amounts of hot glue so that the glue does not seep through the ribbon.
- Step 6: Cut a length of grosgrain ribbon 7.75” long*. Place the Torrid Orange grosgrain ribbon in the middle of the burlap ribbon and secure in the back of the tea light holder with hot glue.
- Step 7: Use hot glue to secure the flower you made in the first 4 steps to the front of the tea light holder.
- Note: Please note, you may have to adjust the length of your ribbon cuts to your tea light holder.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.59