DIY Halloween Decoration Boo! Door Decor
Welcome trick or treaters with this awesome homemade Halloween craft! This DIY Halloween decoration uses fun patterns, glitter ribbons, and wooden letters to make a boo-tiful piece of Halloween home décor in 9 easy steps!
- Time Required:2 Hours
- Difficulty Level:Intermediate
Print InstructionsShop Ribbons Needed
- Step 1: Beginning at the top center, wrap 1 ½” Orange Fun Dots Offray Ribbon around the right side of the letter “B”. Secure with glue.
- Step 2: Wrap 1 ½” Orange Fun Dots Offray Ribbon around the left side of the first “O” beginning at the top center. Secure with glue.
- Step 3: Moving back to the right side, wrap 1 ½” Orange Fun Dots Offray Ribbon around second “O” beginning at the top center. Secure with glue.
- Step 4: Cut two 10-inch strips of 7/8” Black Glitter Grosgrain Offray Ribbon and cut two 10-inch strips of 1/2” Black Maggie Offray Ribbon. Glue the 1/2” Maggie ribbon on top of the 7/8” Glitter Grosgrain ribbon to create two layered ribbons.
- Step 5: Next, glue your strip of layered ribbon to the back of the letter “B” and the loop the strip over the first letter “O”. This will call for approximately 7-inches of ribbon showing on the front of the letter. Glue the remaining layered strip to back of the letter. Trim excess ribbon from the back if necessary.
- Step 6: Repeat Step 5 to connect the first and second “O”.
- Step 7: Create a 4-loop bow using 1 ½” Orange Fun Dots Offray Ribbon and 6” squares of Black Sparkle Tulle. Secure to top of letter “B” with glue.
- Step 8: Create three 2-loop bows using 1 ½” Orange Fun Dots Offray Ribbon and 6” squares of Fuchsia Dotted Tulle. Secure 1 bow to the bottom of the letter “B” and one bow to the bottom of each letter “O”.
- Step 9: Embellish with bugs and skeletons from a local retail store.
Shop Ribbon for this Project
Price Per Yard: $0.38